SinisterHoodedFigure’s Pokemon Crystal Kaizo is an excellent remake of Pokemon Crystal. Introducing new pokemonèmon, items, and trainers, as well as a slew of new features to make the game more challenging.
SinisterHoodedFigure’s goal with this project is to remake Pokemon Crystal as faithfully as possible while also making it a much harder game that will provide a better challenge for Crystal veterans.
This hack combines various concepts from other hacks such as Delta Emerald (specifically its difficulty) and Blaze Black & Volt White without completely copying any one hack or idea. As a result, there are some original twists on older mechanics mixed in, which should help give Kaizo a distinct identity even if you’ve previously played through another recent RPG Maker 2000 title.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Mega Light Platinum
Complete Walkthrough of Pokemon Crystal Kaizo GBC:
The plot begins similarly to that of Pokémon Crystal. Your adversary is the first person you encounter before embarking on your journey.
However, as soon as he begins speaking, a wild Pidgey appears and kidnaps him! Professor Oak walks over to investigate what’s going on and notices that this isn’t your typical Pokemon battle, but rather that someone has taken control of your opponent – or at least his pokemon. The professor dispatches another of his young apprentices (you) to rescue them.
Oak advises you not to worry about catching any more Pokemon for the time being (as there are plenty nearby), so begin by heading east from Viridian City. You’ll soon find yourself outside of Pewter City, where some Team Rocket members will pursue you after being alerted by their comrades.
Trainers in the game:
In the game, there are 151 trainers. This number does not include your opponent, Brock, Misty, or Lt. Surge, so be ready for battle!
You will also encounter many NPCs along your journey who you may prefer to trade with or listen to their storey before assisting them where they are most in need. In Pokemon Crystal Kaizo, there are a total of 127 NPC Trainers.
It should also come as no surprise that this project required over a year of hard work from our team of four translators and two hackers before we finally released what is without a doubt one of the best hacks ever created – at least in our opinion.
New Pokemon to catch:
A few new Pokemon have been added to the game. Most notably, three of them can be found right at the start: Pikachu and Pichu are usually found on Route 29 (near Azalea Town); Togepi can be found near the forest east of Ilex Forest (just south of Goldenrod City); and Elekid can be found near the north end of Slowpoke Well.
In addition to those, there are now two more legendary birds available: Moltres, who resides atop Mt. Silver, and Articuno, who has relocated from the Seafoam Islands to some icy location further north. Finally, all 251 Pokémon are included in this remake! This means that, even if it takes place in a different location.
- Revamped Mt. Moon area
- Added new maps for Route 11 and Route 12-14 areas
- Moved the Pokecenter to Viridian City after you beat Team Rocket at Ecruteak City while adding a few trainers as well.
- Fixed bugs with trainer rosters in Johto so they are now accurate and fixed up some things with Gyms, routes, etc.
Gym Trainers and Gym Leaders:
Pokemon Crystal Kaizo’s Gym Trainers and Leaders have been upgraded to be more powerful. This is most noticeable in Sootopolis City, which is said to have a difficult gym leader – Wallace. The rest of the trainer’s levels will match their strength as well as be diverse with all types of teams not normally seen elsewhere in the game. Not to mention how many trainers are waiting for you along Victory Road.
– Level cap increased to 100
– All Pokémon available before the Elite Four
– New moves added such as Powder Snow and Taunt
– Rebalancing done on some areas including: Johto Underground Path; Safari Zone; Mound Cave (Mt Silver).
There are a few shiny versions of the regular pokemon in Pokemon Crystal Kaizo. Congratulations if you have purchased one of these! But don’t show it off to just anyone because people will want it and it will be difficult to find.
Shiny Charmander can be found in Mt Silver’s Ledge – Rock Smash. The issue is that there’s no guarantee your attack won’t miss due to low accuracy moves like Struggle or Fury Cutter, which could cause problems if he decides to do something tricky as well (like using Roar). And, despite the fact that I’ve never seen Onix use any other move besides Scratch, he may still know Bind and Slam, so keep an eye out!
Bug Catching Contest:
The Bug Catching Contest is an annual event held in the National Park. It is possible to enter by speaking with one of the three contest coordinators, who are located on Routes 35 and 36, respectively.
During this event, you must catch as many bug Pokemon as possible in a limited time frame (e.g., 60 seconds) using your inventory items such as Poke Balls and Net Ball without running out of Poké Balls or any other item you require for catching bugs.
If the player is successful, they will receive prizes based on the total number of catches; they will also receive points for each species caught if it has not previously been captured in either version of Pokémon Crystal Version. Unlike previous games, no one plays it.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Mega Light Platinum
Screenshots of the Gameplay:
Some Amazing Changes and Features in Pokemon Crystal Kaizo:
- Trade evolutions can evolve by level up or Politoed.
- The player can now catch wild Pokemon by fishing with a Net Ball in the water.
- Instead of running from battle, the Player has to fight all enemies before leaving that area.
- There are more than 20 new attacks added and some old ones have been changed or replaced. Some moves might not work for certain types which is usually indicated by one of their type’s weaknesses (e.g., Thunderbolt may be ineffective against Water Types).
- Most Elemental Punches were made physical as well as TM/HM changes for consistency reasons.
- New dungeon: Dark Ice Mountain – A large mountain with deep snow that freezes you if you stand on it too long! It also contains many icy caves where
- Pokemon never seen before dwell.